Friday, April 27, 2007

The Magic Number - by Erin

425-1068. That is the very first phone number I ever memorized. And for a very good reason. At just about three or four years old I knew that by dialing that number, I was guaranteed a ride to wherever I wanted to go. Whether it was going to the Dairy to get an ice cream, or going to have a play date with Sammy. And the best part was that I didn't even have to ask my parents. I just made the call and Uncle Tony would be at my house within 5 minutes. I didn't even have to explain to my parents what was I doing or where I was going. Uncle Tony would do that for me too! By the time he would finish telling my Mom and Dad that I had called and wanted to go out ( I think he may have thought that I had told them), I'd already be in the front seat of his car all buckled up and ready to get on with my day. Then we'd drive off and I'd just wave goodbye. Thanks Uncle Tony.

No comments: